Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Ode

Home was a calling that I didn't know I'd heard
Home was an accident, for which I was unprepared.
Home was a siesta after a year of wandering -
Home was the answer to my silent pondering.
Home was beds and walls and hugs and multitudinous Things
Home the nest in which to rest my aching open wings.
Home compacted years of life to tiny scraps of days.
Home became the doorway, to open the next phase.


Home was overwhelming, in a shiny kind of way
Home regurgitated things I didn't want to say
Home cut me a window into all my previous lives
Home made me a passenger on other people's rides.
In home I found the things I left, reasons I had to go
But home exposed the things I love, the reasons for the flow.
My home can only ever be the root of all of this -
The home of all the ideals that I never thought I'd miss.


This home is now a flame to light the path I choose to take
For home, you see, revealed to me the lonely choice I make.
At home live friends and family who actually understand!
But home they stay, far away, while I flee to foreign lands.
My love hides there, love for them all, for I can't bring it along
As a passenger, it eats away the heart that once was strong.
But my home is not forgotten, although it is far away
Home for me is everything. I just wish that I could stay.

2 comments:

  1. heard... unprepared...? yes, yes, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all going well, wherever you made it to so far!
    Love from all of us,
    T,J,P,J & E :D

    ReplyDelete