Friday, April 6, 2012

Jellyfish

Emotions change every minute, however subtly.
In one day a human may experience every one.

I may go to bed feeling terrible and wake up feeling amazing.
I will rarely know why.

Things that once mattered have ceased to.
People that once fired fierce desire leave me cold.
Secrets that turned my world upside down now slide silently over its surface, unnoticed.

At any point in the future I will remember few of the thoughts I am having now.
I will not remember writing this.
I will likely not even remember any of the things I did today.

The world changes imperceptibly over time, as does movement within it.
The reaction I have to it now is not the reaction I had then.
Nor the reaction I may have at any point ahead.

Nothing is permanent.
Everything is fluid.

In this life I move like a jellyfish, drifting along unseen channels, undulating past fantastical views and magical enticements.
I try to look backwards and I feel dizzy.
I try to peer ahead and the breadth of possibility makes me feel small.
I try to hold on to things that fly past in the current and their weight pushes me off balance.
I release them and my centre returns.

The only thing we can ever count on is change…
So I'm letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment